Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anything is possible if you can have fun doing it


"Success and happiness are inversely proportional to anything that is hard and difficult"

The good news is: if life hasn't worked out the way you dreamed it might, it could be because you just aren't having enough fun.  Isn't that beautiful?  Oh don't worry, I can hear that annoying little voice in your skull whispering to you....this guy is NUTS!  That may be true but the paradox is not.   By the time you are finished this book I am more than confident you will be a convert to the fun and easy path to abundance and happiness. 

"Our minds play tricks on us so now its time to give it back some of its own medicine"

When things are going poorly we feel overwhelmed and this is when the mind starts playing tricks on you.   It starts telling you things like:  you are not smart enough or you just aren't working hard enough.   That's stupid!   We both know you are a genius and hard work has nothing to do with success and happiness (ok maybe you don't know that yet but stay tuned).

One of my aha moments came when I realized how much effort I will put into games.  After a game of squash I came off the court drenched in sweat, physically drained and on a high.  I thought to myself, wow it's amazing how hard I will play.   I get incredible fitness out of a game I love.  If you put me into an aerobics class or on a stationary bike I would not be able to maintain the effort long enough to get anywhere near the same benefit.   Make it a game and I will expend incredible effort.   So being the bright and lazy guy that I am, I reasoned that if everything was a game or fun then logically anything would be easier and thus possible.

"Opportunity is missed by many because it is dressed in play clothes and looks like fun"

Work is really good for those who want to make a modest living.  If that's all you want then go to work and forget about this book.   For those who want to do something exceptional, you need to start having more fun.   Fun at work, fun at home, fun in your relationships and even fun in your spiritual life.  Remember the wisdom of the bumper sticker that says...

"If work was that good for you they wouldn't have to pay you to do it"

(this is an exerpt from my book...How To Seduce Life...which I will continue after a suitable play break)

No comments:

Post a Comment