Monday, May 14, 2012

An attraction secret


 



You've probably heard expressions like; he's a happy or optimistic fool. Ok, maybe it's just me! However, the media certainly has bias for painting the happiest people as being 'a little simple or slow'. The kindest description might be of a person who is naive. So what is the reality?

Even writing about happiness can draw negative comments. I've been told more than once that I'm blowing happiness (where the sun doesn't shine) at people. Makes you wonder why it is that happy people can so annoy others?

In the field of Positive Phychology, studies are proving just the opposite is true. Optimistic and happy people are found to be:

* better at performing in work, school and even in sports
* less prone to depression
* have fewer health related problem
* experience better relationships with friends and family
* more successful in reaching long term goals
* they are found to be more attractive by everyone

No wonder happy people walk around with a goofy grin....they know something the others don't (well actually a lot that the others don't).

Even if all this hadn't been scientifically proven, I think I'd sooner be just a little simplier and be happy then be a little smarter and have to live in a grumpy head!


P.S. If you stare at my 'goofy grin' long enough, you just might start to see how much Brad Pitt and I look alike?    What....didn't you read the part about me becoming more attrative because I smile so much?   Oh well....
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Like this You do not have to have a reason to be happy. When you go searching for a reason to be happy, that is when you lose your happiness.
    keep up the good work, Ed
    Blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Debbie I agree the only thing we need to be happy is graditude

    ReplyDelete